Most folks are as happy as they make their minds up to be! -Abraham Lincoln
When you’re having trouble staying motivated it can often seem like an impossible task to pull yourself out of the slump. Most likely you either sit immobile with a blank look of boredom on your face or you find other non-essential activities to distract you. Of course, these two choices don’t help you get anything accomplished, do they?
Instead, why not try some of the suggestions below the next time you’re feeling unmotivated:
• Put on some music. Upbeat music is one sure way to get your emotion and energy flowing again! Turn it up loud, groove to the beat and even dance around if you feel like it. In no time at all you should be feeling pumped up and ready to get moving again.
• Laugh. Laughter is like a miracle drug for the blues. Not only does it make you feel more alert, it also releases a flood of those fantastic feel-good endorphins in your body. Spend a few minutes reading or watching something funny, and then allow those good feelings to stimulate your motivation.
• Wash away lethargy. Showering can immediately perk you up and make you feel more energized again. Try using a fresh-scent shower gel or soap, and turn the water temperature a bit cooler than you normally would. Scrub your hair and body with vigor and imagine that your feelings of “blah” are being washed down the drain.
• Get some fresh air. A brisk walk is another great way to get some positive energy flowing again! Focus on working your muscles and burning off any sense of sluggishness you may feel. Breathe deeply and feel your body being flooded with life-giving oxygen! Imagine your brain perking up and your body being energized, and in just minutes you should be feeling focused and productive again.
• Breathe! Speaking of breathing deeply, it can work as a powerful wake-up exercise even if you’re not working out at the time. Simply sit quietly and take several slow, deep breaths. As you inhale, imagine that you’re taking in invigorating energy, and as you exhale imagine that you’re releasing lethargy and stagnation.
These are just a few ways you can get yourself feeling motivated again, but there are many others too!
When it comes right down to it, motivation is simply the willingness to take action and be productive. Whether you’re working on your goals, trying to get chores done at work or around the house – just deciding to get up and get moving can be the most powerful motivator of all.
Sign up for my Self Help Therapy Program on “Getting The Life You Want!”
You will be sent 60 second audios every week to inspire YOU! There are Also Over 15 mini meditations & Over 30 Quick Guides! This therapy program has over 100 Downloads Absolutely Free!
Please feel free to share this site with your favorite social media websites and leave me a comment below, sharing your thoughts on how you give your self a boost to stay inspired.
Have a energetic Day!