But once you are in that field, emotional intelligence emerges as a much stronger predictor of who will be most successful, because it is how we handle ourselves in our relationships that determines how well we do once we are in a given job. -Daniel Goleman
As time goes on, however, there exists the possibility of losing steam and getting off-track. In order to develop the momentum and stamina required to achieve your goals, there are several qualities you’ll need to work on: This is where your Emotional Intelligence will help you stay on the fast track to success!
1) Belief. It is absolutely crucial that you believe in what you’re doing and more importantly your emotional-self beliefs in what you are doing. This is easy at the beginning because you’re focused on what you stand to gain from achieving your goal. As time goes on, you may gradually forget how excited you were and start to lose that inner fire.
To avoid this possibility, you need to mange your emotional self to be sure to keep your vision strong and clear in your mind. Write it out in full detail, or create a visual reminder with drawings, paintings or magazine photos that represent your goals. Revisit these reminders frequently.
2) Confidence. Your confidence is hard wired into your emotional-self and it may be strong at the start but it can quickly fade when you encounter obstacles or setbacks. If this happens, remember that you once believed that you had the ability to achieve your goal. Again you need to mange your emotional self, by reminding yourself why you felt that way.
In fact, you may find it helpful to write these reasons down when you first set a goal, and then keep reading them back to yourself when you feel your confidence start to wane. Remind yourself that obstacles and setbacks are temporary, but a solid belief in your Emotional Intelligent self, is enough to propel you through them.
3) Determination. Believing in your goal and your ability to achieve it is a great start, but you also have to be determined to make it happen! Determination is an emotional that you will have to mange by focusing your awareness on it. Whenever you focus on something it grows bigger; if your awareness is on the feelings of determination, it will also grow bigger.
Keep the feeling of your determination strong by refusing to be held back by obstacles, and reminding your emotional-self daily, how important your goals are to you. Determination is like an ember that burns in your belly, refusing to let you give up no matter how rough the going gets.
4) Motivation. Staying motivated can also be a challenge, especially once the newness and excitement of your goals have worn off and it’s beginning to feel like “work.”
Nine times out of ten, motivation requires a simple decision to stay optimistic and inspired this is your opportunity to engage your Emotional Intelligence and find ways to keep your emotional-self motivated. Read books by people who have achieved impressive results. Talk to other successful people who have demonstrated tenacity and gone on to achieve much. The more you tap into your self awareness about why you want to have your goals met, the stronger your motivation will stay.
5) Awareness. Your emotional intelligent self, will help you stay on the lookout for any signs of self-sabotage or waning interest. If you notice that you’re acting in ways that don’t further your goals, get to the root of the problem quickly so you can get back on track. Think about the emotions you are feeling toward your future goals . Self awareness is the key to your emotional intelligence which will keep you on the fast track of success!
Sign up for my Self Help Therapy Program on “Getting The Life You Want!”
You will be sent 60 second audios every week to inspire YOU! There are Also Over 15 mini meditations & Over 30 Quick Guides! This therapy program has over 100 Downloads Absolutely Free!
Please feel free to share this website with your favorite social media sites and please leave me a comment below on your thoughts and ideas about Emotional Intelligence and success.
Have a day full of success!